Monday 15 October 2012

Contact Sheets

 
Contact sheet from Elliott Erwitt. “Mother and child”, New York, 1953. © Elliott Erwitt / Magnum Photos




 
I very rarely get good shots. I currently shoot around 50 rolls of film a month (about 1,800 shots) and would say I only get a good shot once a month, and one great shot a year. I remember feeling this constant sense of disappointment that my “hit rate” was so low, and whenever reviewing my images from my days shooting I would feel like giving up. If I do my math correctly, my “hit rate” is only at 0.05% (a very low standard).

However it seems that the sense of disappointment that I feel isn’t just exclusive to myself – but also to accomplished photographers. Elliott Erwitt and David Alan Harvey from Magnum share their sense of disappointments Eric Kim Street Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment